Friday, October 5, 2012

Interview With Mizz Nekol


When did you first start rapping?


I first started rapping in high school at the lunch table..lol ..I
remember all the guys would beat on the table using their knuckles and
a number 2 pencil. I would always rap about what food they were
serving in the cafeteria that day.


What did your family do to encourage you?


My family encourages me by having an open ear. The fact that they
even listen to my music is enough for me. They assist with child care
and even come out to some of my shows.


Who else in your family sings or raps?


Well first off I am a rapper first, I just have the ability to sing
for songwriting purposes..lol.. My biological father could sing but we
don't really have a close relationship.


Who are your musical inspirations?
My musical inspirations are Queen Latifah, Missy Elliot, Lauryn
Hill, Keisha Cole, Nas, Ludacris, TI, and Shawnna


What kind of music do you listen to today?
Honestly, I find myself listening to a lot of local music. My
company does CD duplication's for a lot of artists and I find myself
listening to their music more than the radio.

What embarrassing songs might I find on your MP3 or ipod player?
Well that's a good question because I can't find my mp3
player..lol..But if it's found u might find some Taylor Swift on
there..lol.

Where would you most like to perform?

I would like to perform at the BET Awards.

Who would you most like to open for?
I would love to open up for Missy Elliot because I have followed
her career and our lifestyles are a lot similar. I know her show would
energetic and memorable.


If you weren't rapping, what would you be doing?
If I was not rapping I would still be doing something in the music
business. I have thought about taking up radio broadcasting or even
media relations.

Do you play any instruments?
I play the keyboard.

If you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?
It would be Rock N Roll because You can yell and be wild and still
have people grooving to your music..lol.

What genre of music can't you stand to listen to?

I am not a huge fan of house music.


What hidden talents do you have?
I am a great basketball player but I don't really let people see
that side of me anymore.

Do you enjoy writing music and/or lyrics?
I love writing music, it allows my fans to really know who I am.

Who are your inspirations? (as in other artists)
I've already mentioned the artist that have influenced me.

Follow Mizz Nekol On Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment