Friday, October 5, 2012

Interview With Comedian Marcus "Poke" Miles

Gamed Up: What's your name and tell us a little about yourself
 

Poke: My name is Marcus "Poke" Miles. I'm from Richmond, Ca. I love God, my family, my job, sports, and comedy. I been doing comedy for 3 years. My inspirations are Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and Bernie Mac.
I love to bring laughter into peoples lives. It is a gift to laugh and I'm thankful that God has blessed me with the gift to make others laugh.

 

Gamed Up: So Where Have You preformed?
 

Poke: I have performed most in the bay area and Northern California regions. Spots such as Kimballs Carnival, Dorseys Locker, APT C, and The Air Lounge all in Oakland, CA
19 Broadway in Fairfax, CA, Purple Onion and The Impala Lounge in San Francisco, Ca
Rooster T. Feathers Comedy Club
in San Bruno and Tommy T's Comedy in Pleasonton.

Gamed Up: Are You Working On Putting Out A Dvd or a Cd Of material?  

Poke: Yes I am. I'm currenting filming all my stand ups, I am going to be filming how I prepare before I take the stage as well. It is a process that I'm not putting a deadline on. I want the world to see me and how I get down. Its going to be a very good product when finished.
 

Gamed Up: What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a comedian in the bay area?
 

Poke: The advantage is we have a diverse setting and we have open mics Mon - Sunday. Very good to our advantage of working out our material. The disadvantage is we sometimes get overlooked out here because we are not LA or Hollywood.
 

Gamed Up: If you were a Muppet, which Muppet would you be? Which Muppet would you date?
 

Poke: LMAO! I would be Cookie Monster because he could make women laugh and he liked cookies like me. Plus it was a rumor on Seasme Street that he ate pussy good like I do. Cuz I got the hurricane katrina tongue that can break a tree branch.  If I had to date a muppet it would be Miss Piggy all day. I like BBWs and fat chicks. Shout Out to Precious. She is hella sexy!
 

Gamed Up: What's the funniest knock knock joke you know?
 

Poke: Shit! LOL! None of them. They all corny! LOL!
 

Gamed Up: Compare Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock or Tracy Morgan with other comedians.  

Poke: Can't compare them. They are all in a league among themselves. All great comedians with totally different krafts.
 

Gamed Up:What do you think the future of black comedy is?
 

Poke: Me
 

Gamed Up: You got your own radio show tell us about it and how can people listen in?
 

Poke: Yessir, the show is titled Poke and "The Nutt House" you can listen to all archieved or live shows at www.blogtalkradio.com/marcusmiles We talk about all topics and views that everyone can relate to and we welcome all opinions and views.
 

Gamed Up: How can people get in contact with you? (Facebook, Twitter, Etc)
 

Poke: Facbook: marcus miles Twitter: Poke510 You Tube: Nuthouseradio
Skype: Poke94804  E-mail: mr_mmiles@yahoo.con

 

Gamed Up:You got any last words for our readers?
 

Poke: I have a small penis

No comments:

Post a Comment